What should you do when you lost your work permit card?
According to MOM annoucement,
If the card is lost, stolen or damaged, you must apply for a replacement within 1 week.
- For a stolen card, you must also file a police report.
- If your worker lost the card while overseas, you must inform to MOM immediately. MOM will issue a letter for your worker to use when entering Singapore
How much it costs ?
For a damaged card, the fee is $60. For a lost card, the fee is $100 for the first loss and $300 for a subsequent loss. Fees are non-refundable.
How long it takes ?
According to MOM annouce will immediate for most cases. Card collection: 4 working days after approval.
How you collect the replacement card information ?
Processing time: 4 working days after approval
The replacement card will be ready for collection 4 working days after your application is approved.
The worker can collect the card in person at MOM Services Centre – Hall C. No appointment is needed.
The worker needs to bring along these documents:
- Original passport
- Card replacement letter
- The damaged card (if applicable)
- Completed declaration form (for lost or stolen cards)
- Police report (for stolen cards)
- Note: Overseas police reports should be translated into English.
For lost or stolen cards, the worker must collect the replacement card in person.
For replacement of damaged cards, you can authorise someone to collect the card on the worker’s behalf. Make sure the authorised person brings these along:
Authorisation letter from your company
NRIC, pass card or passport for verification
The damaged card
We hope all this article will help you and to know more info. Please go and visit MOM.